Thursday, June 25, 2015

   



amazon-goodreads


Sweet on Wilde by Fabiola Francisco

 


Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 2.27.25 PM

Eight months ago, I made a deal with my best friend. This wasn't your typical pact. No, we had to take a different route. The deal was that if we were still single by fall, we would join online dating. Yesnow I am that girl. Just me, though, because she met a guy and saved herself from the awkwardness of dating people you meet via the Internet. Cheesy pick up lines. Inappropriate messages. Disaster dates. I dont want to be "Savannah, profile 8713," but a pinky promise is a promise you keep. What I wasnt counting on was meeting a guy at the local bar. So what happens when you decide to open yourself up to new opportunities? You might just cross paths with someone who makes you believe in love. Parker Wilde brought out the best in me and understood the worst, but when an amazing opportunity presents itself and our lives take different directions, is being sweet on Wilde enough for us?


Sweet on Wilde

 SW fan teaser


Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 2.42.07 PM
The music blasting from the speakers draws me, and I move my body to the beat as I sit by the bar facing the dance floor. Although Southern is a more laid back bar, it has a small area designated for the patrons that want to dance without feeling like theyre disrupting the flow of the service.
Lets go dance. Parker is eyeing me mischievously, obviously enjoying as I move to the music. The stress he came in with has now totally eased out of his body. He is back to his relaxed, confident self.
Its okay. Im fine here, not much of a dancer, I lie because the thought of dancing with him throws me off.
Really? You havent stopped moving. Come on, he reaches his hand out to me. Taking a moment to watch him as he stands before me with his hand out, I can appreciate how good-looking he is. I take his hand and let him lead me towards the small crowd dancing in the center of the venue.
Sweet Home Alabama begins to come through the speakers, and as soon as everyone hears the familiar introduction, they get in position, ready to dance the steps taught to us from a young age. In perfect unison, we all begin the line dance, looking like something out of Footloose. As Im turning with the beat, I notice Parker beside me, following along without missing a step. I look down at his feet, and smile, shaking my head.
Two more songs come on, each with its own line dance to accompany the music, and we all dance. The next song that comes on is a slower one, so I head back to the bar in need of a cold beer to cool down. Line dancing always gets me excited but it can be tiring. Before I make it out of the crowd, an arm jerks me back and turns me. Im facing Parker, his smile causing my heart rate to speed out of control. One more, he says, beginning the two-step to Billy Curringtons lyrics. Leading me around the dance floor, Parker is confident, his grip on me firm as we move through the other people dancing.
You know, for someone who mocks my boots, yours look quite worn and broken in.
He chuckles, his grip tightening around my waist. I may not be from Tuscaloosa, but I am a southern boy, Savannah. His drawl heavier, making his point.


Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 2.42.04 PM
Fabiola Francisco is a contemporary romance author from Miami, FL. She has always enjoyed writing. When she was young she began writing creatively. It was always a therapeutic way for her to express herself. She began with poetry, and throughout the years went expanding to short narratives until she finally decided to write a novel.
Her love for books has inspired her to write her own stories. Her books range from emotional to lighthearted humor. She is a firm believer in happily ever afters and the sometimes jagged path to achieving it. She hopes to continue writing more stories to reach readers individually.
When she's not writing, Fabiola loves expressing herself through art and being out in nature. She loves to cuddle with a good book and a glass of wine.


Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 2.44.54 PM

Other Books by Fabiola

Perfeclty Imperfect Cover

amazon-cover

amazon-goodreads

No comments: